Natural DIY Makeup Remover Recipes
Unlike the commercial products which may have chemicals that are harsh to the skin, natural DIY makeup removers are safe for eliminating product-buildup. Besides, if you make your own remover, you can choose the ingredients that have maximum benefits to your skin. As such, in this article, we will explore five natural DIY makeup removers recipes that have proven to be suitable for all skin types.
Oil-based makeup removers are effective on people with oily skin since they help to extract the excess oil. Additionally, they are appropriate as they contain hydrating properties that boost youthful-looking skin. Currently, the most popular ones are castor and olive oils. Others include avocado, sunflower and hazelnut.
- Mix 1/3 teaspoon of castor oil and 2/3 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Massage it over your face for 1-2 minutes. (No need to pre-wash or wet your skin.)
- Afterward, soak a clean face towel in hot water and wring it out before placing it over your face.
- Then, allow it to sit to steam your face for about a minute.
- Wipe your skin with a clean face towel but, leave a thin layer of the oil to soak into your skin.
Rose Water Cleansing Gel
Rosewater is a great DIY makeup remover. Moreover, it smells so lovely. To ensure its effectiveness, you need to combine it with jojoba oil, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of organic jojoba oil and 3 tablespoons of rose water.
- Mix the two ingredients in a bottle and shake thoroughly until they blend.
- Afterward, soak a cotton pad in the rose water cleansing gel and apply it on your face to remove the makeup.
- Then, use a clean dry cloth to gently remove any makeup that’s left behind.
Aloe Vera is rich in hydrating and antibacterial properties. Indeed, it is a good makeup remover when combined with honey.
- In a mixing bowl, combine equal parts of Aloe Vera gel and honey.
- Add 2 tablespoons of either castor, olive or jojoba oil.
- Then, blend the ingredients until paste forms.
- Lastly, massage the mix into the skin for 1-2 minutes before rinsing clean with cool water.
Honey For DIY Make Up Remover
Honey is a natural antibacterial. Moreover, it is a good makeup remover. As such, not only will it remove your makeup, but also, liven and exfoliate your skin.
- Use a teaspoon of either Manuka or natural bee honey.
- Smear it over your face and massage in a circular motion.
- Then, allow the honey to rest on your face for approximately 6 minutes before removing with a warm cloth.
Certainly, your skin will be fresh and dewy after the removal.
Witch Hazel Makeup Remover
Witch hazel is an herbal extract from the witch hazel shrub. It is an ingredient that people use for various skin problem treatments. Additionally, it is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it a good option for people with acne-prone skin. Furthermore, it works wonders for people with dry skin and a good DIY makeup remover.
- Mix equal parts of witch hazel and water in a small container.
- Afterward, soak the cotton pad with the mixture and remove makeup in circular motions.