Shea butter eye cream is an essential under the eye skincare component. Specifically, shea butter is a moisturizer and companies use it to make lotions, creams, and bathing soaps. Second, it is rich in nutrients that the skin needs. For instance, it is rich in five fatty acids including palmitic, stearic, oleic, linoleic, and arachidic. Additionally, it is rich in phenolic compounds that are essential due to their antioxidant-rich properties. Therefore, below, we have highlighted the benefits of shea butter and how to make it at home.
The benefits of Natural Shea Butter Eye Cream
Some of the benefits of using shea butter eye cream include
- It is an anti-aging and anti-free radicle agent.
Shea butter is rich in vitamins A and E which help to keep the under-eye skin youthful-looking, nourished, and radiant. Besides, these nutrients are antioxidants that help reverse the formation of under-eye skin bags. Moreover, its anti-aging properties promote cell renewal.
- Boosts Collagen Production
Vitamins A and E present in shea butter stimulate natural collagen production in the under-eye region. As such, it is beneficial because it makes the under eye skin firm and more elastic.
- Reduces Inflammation
Shea butter has cinnamic acid that is an anti-inflammatory. Certainly, the anti-inflammatory property combats puffiness.
Shea Butter Eye Cream Recipe
Shea butter eye cream is easy to make at home. Additionally, it is cost-effective compared to commercial eye creams.
- Two Tablespoons shea butter.
- 1 teaspoon bee wax.
- 2 teaspoons of rosehip oil.
- One tablespoon coconut oil.
- Four drops of geranium essential oil.
- Combine shea butter, beeswax and coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
- Afterward, heat a pot of water.
- Then, place the mixing bowl with your ingredients in the water and let them simmer until they melt.
- As soon as the ingredients are well combined, remove the bowl from the water then let it cool for roughly five minutes.
- Then, add the rosehip and geranium oil into the mix and stir.
- Pour the mix into a clean and clear glass jar.
Note, Apply your cream under the eye region every night for the best results.