People have to coffee scrub their skin regularly to achieve proper glow and maintain a silky appearance. Moreover, individuals can prepare mild scrubs using home ingredients such as ground coffee. Besides, coffee is excellent for the skin since it contains many antioxidants, which help to fight damaged tissues. Also, it is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that significantly reduce breakouts and soothes the redness.
Importance of Caffeine
- It helps to tighten skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Improves blood circulation through your veins.
- Provide a glowing, replenished, and youthful skin.
- Boost up the creation of new skin cells.
In this particular case, we shall use coffee brands from Kenya since they have a bold flavor and are slightly citrus due to the methods and practices of farming that the country has adopted. Below, we have highlighted different homemade coffee scrub recipe for diverse skin types.
Coffee Scrub Recipe
- One cup of excellently ground Kenyan Coffee
- Two tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of organic avocado oil
- One cup of organic brown sugar
- Mix all the ingredients until they blend well together in a large bowl.
- Massage the blended mixture onto your face and neck in circular movements; scrubbing for two minutes then allow it to settle for five minutes.
- Rinse off the blend from your face with cold water and pat dry your skin.
- Additionally, you can apply some jojoba oil to moisturize your skin, as it hosts numerous benefits for all skin types.
For Dry Skin
- 1/3 cup of plain natural yogurt.
- Three drops of rosehip oil or your favorite facial oil.
- Mix the yogurt with the drops of rosehip oil. The natural yogurt contains lactic acid that dissolves dead skin cells, relieves sunburns, and reduces discolorations.
- After the addition of oil, apply the mixture onto your face and let it stay for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
For Oily Skin
- Half tablespoon of lemon juice
- Four heaped tablespoons of grated cucumber.
Add half a tablespoon of lemon juice to four heaped tablespoons of grated cucumber. Cucumber is a mild astringent, and thus, it will help to regulate oil production on the skin.
Replace the coconut oil with a tablespoon of honey; the latter is rich in antibacterial properties that help control the breakouts.
Add a tablespoon of turmeric powder into the mixture recipe to reduce inflammation.