Face masks are essential during skincare since they effectively exfoliate, reduce acne breakouts, and unclog pores. However, you should ensure that you only use the ones that match your skin type and treatment goals. For instance, the best clay mask for oily or acne-prone skin should contain hydroxyl acids. Below, we have highlighted some of the dermatologist-approved clay face masks.
Acne Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is a cleansing facial mask that helps to treat oily skins and acne breakouts. The clay helps to remove sebum and has a calming effect on inflamed breakouts. It is a hundred percent Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay. Moreover, this product has numerous uses including for body wraps, clay baths, foot soaks, and to relieve insect bites.
- Make a runny paste with the clay and some warm water.
- Plaster it all over your face and allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes. However, for delicate skin, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm or cold water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel to avoid scrubbing it.
- Apply a vitamin C facial serum.
Bu.Ke Bentonite Clay
The Be.Ke bentonite clay is a calcium bentonite healing clay that absorbs impurities on the skin. The face masks contains aged volcanic ash, which contains a high concentration of minerals including iron, calcium, potassium, sodium, silica, and magnesium.
- Mix clay with water and drop oil of choice to the paste to make a face, hair, arm-pit or feet detox mask.
- Apply the paste and let it dwell for 15-20 minutes on your face. For delicate skin, let it stay for 5 minutes only.
- Clean your face with warm water and pat dry.
Note, you should use weekly to unclog pores and blackheads. Also, avoid using anything metallic as they will interfere with the charges of clay.
Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Clay Face Mask
Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Clay Face Mask gently cleanses and purifies the skin. This purifying mask contains two types of mineral clay including kaolin and bentonite which help to maintain soft and healthy-looking skin.
- Apply an even layer to clean and dry skin while avoiding the eye and lip area.
- Let the paste dwell for 15 minutes on your face.
- Clean with lukewarm or cold water.
NIVEA Peel-Off Urban Skin Detox Mask
NIVEA Peel-Off Urban Skin Detox Mask helps the skin by removing dead skin cells, dry flakes, and urban dirt. It is enriched with black rice which contains antioxidants and green tea extracts that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Also, this mask instantly refines the appearance of your pores.
- Apply a thin layer to your cleansed face and let it dry completely
- Peel it off starting from the outside of your face and move inwards.
Glam Glow Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask
Glam Glow Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask provides gentle resurfacing exfoliation and helps to leave skin smoother, brighter, and softer. It contains kaolin, cucumber extract, comfrey leaf, and lavender Oil. Kaolin clay controls oil and is a natural detoxifier and exfoliator. Further, the cucumber extract firms up sagging skin and reduces inflammation, while the comfrey leaf hastens skin regeneration and stimulates cell production.
- Stir and apply a thin layer to a clean face. Expect a tingling effect in 10 minutes or less.
- Rinse the mask with lukewarm or cold water in circular motions to exfoliate.
- Use twice a week.