Benefits of tea tree oil include that it is the best natural remedy and is cost-effective and safe for your skin, hair, and nails. It serves several purpose, and as such, below we have highlighted some of the benefits of the oil.
Tea tree is effective in the treatment of acne when used together with benzoyl peroxide. It works by reducing the amount and overall severity of the condition.
Tea tree oil’s antibacterial effects can help control underarm odor. Additionally, its bacteria-fighting properties make it an ideal natural alternative to commercial deodorants and antiperspirants.
Tea tree makes a good hand sanitizer. Recent studies show that it can kill several prevalent viruses and bacteria responsible for causing illnesses.
Antiseptic for minor cuts
Minor cuts or injuries result in broken skin making it easier for bacteria to enter the bloodstream easily. Therefore, the oil is useful in treating and disinfecting minor cuts and abrasions. The process of disinfecting the oil antiseptic involves;
- Clean the cut thoroughly with plain water and soap
- Mix one drop of tea tree with one teaspoon of coconut oil
- Apply some amount of the mixture to the cut
- Repeat the process daily until a scab forms
Tea tree may help quell inflammation due to its high concentration of Terpinen-4-ol. The recipe below is useful in the relief of inflamed skin.
- Combine 10 drops of tea tree with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive and melted coconut oil
- Mix well and store in a sealed container
- Apply to the affected area up to twice a day until inflammation resolves.
Tea tree oil makes a great all-purpose cleaner. It sanitizes surfaces without leaving traces of chemicals. The recipe for creating all-purpose cleaner includes;
- Combine 20 drops of tea tree oil, ¾ cup of water and ½ cup of apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle
- Shake well until thoroughly mixed
- Spray directly onto surfaces and wipe clean with a dry cloth
- Make sure to shake the bottle before each use to mix the tree oil with other ingredients.
Tea tree oil helps in getting rid of nail fungus as it kills a range of yeast and fungi.
Kills head lice
Head lice are becoming more resistant to medical treatment each day. However, research indicates that tea tree oil is effective in killing head lice as it has suffocating properties.