The extraction of the Argan oil occurs from the kernels of the Argan tree which originates from Morocco. Initially, the natives used Argan oil in foods such as pasta and bread. However, today, there are diverse uses of oil, especially in the cosmetic industry. Many companies are using Argan oil in the extensive manufacture of soaps, shampoos, and conditioners. As such, below we have highlighted some of the benefits of the oil to the skin and hair.
Benefits to Skin
- The oil contains antioxidants that protect the skin against the sun or radical damage. Consequently, it prevents hyperpigmentation and sunburns. Additionally, it reduces the chances of acquiring certain skin cancers such as melanoma.
- The oil has vitamin E which moisturizes the skin and aids in water retention. People can ingest the oil orally through supplements or apply it topically on the skin.
- Argan oil is rich in antioxidants that have anti-sebum effects on the skin, and thus, people can use it to treat pimples and acne.
- It also contains antimicrobial properties against certain bacteria and fungi. As such, it eradicates and heals infections on the skin. Additionally, the oil has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants which help in getting rid of conditions and diseases such as psoriasis and rosacea.
- Moreover, the Argan oil soothes atopic dermatitis. The disease has symptoms such as itchy red skin. This oil relieves the condition due to its anti-inflammatory properties and the presence of vitamin E.
- Lastly, the Argan oil contains anti-aging properties due to the presence of vitamin E. Additionally, it replenishes the skin by retaining moisture and facilitating the repair of worn-out cells.
Benefits to the Hair
- The Argan oil Hydrates and softens the hair, due to the presence of vitamin E.
- It also prevents the damage of hair due to the presence of the free radicals which exhibit antioxidant properties.
- Lastly, it prevents the splitting and breakage of hair by strengthening hair follicles.